Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thursday--catch up day



Our room at Port Orleans--Riverside was in this building.


Thursday (January 7) was our last full day at Disney so it was errand day. Paul had decided he liked the soft fleecy throw blankets with the Disney castle on them that Jade, Jarrah and I had bought so we headed off back to the Magic Kingdom to get him one. And, since these were 'bonus' purchases which were discounted after you'd spent a certain amount, of course we had to buy more stuff.

The day before the kids and I had started buying Disney pins. We'd resisted up until that point then I guess we got in the mood for them after seeing so many people wearing them. So that was what we bought--more pins.

Then we went over to the photo store to get prints of our 'in front of the Magic Kingdom' photo. Well that took quite a while because the photo that had been taken on Monday that week had people standing right behind us and just didn't look good. So we went out to the front of the Magic Kingdom again and had another set of photos taken. Neither the cast member in the photo shop nor the photographer were very happy about this. In fact the person in the photo shop told me a couple of times that I could look at my photos online and have them sent to me. They obviously didn't want the extra workload of serving me. Anyway, I didn't want to do that because if anything goes wrong I'm back in Australia and it's a real hassle to contact anybody in the States, especially on the East Coast with the 16 hour time difference. So I just ignored the grumpiness and got my prints. I'm really happy with them.

After we did this it was lunch time so we took a bus first back to the hotel to dump the stuff then to Downtown Disney to Planet Hollywood where we had a booking. Lunch was great and not overly filling. After lunch we went to Disney Quest which is a 5 story indoor amusement center just near the Cirque 'tent'. We all played video games and the kids did bumper cars too. It was fun.

Then we went back to the hotel to pack for our journey the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment