Sunday, December 27, 2009

Another Saturday shopping day

I see my post about last Saturday was also labelled a shopping day! There seems to be a pattern here!

On Saturday we got up early so that we could take Jade to gymnastics training at CATS gymnastics. Her session was supposed to start at 10. The plan was to drop her then for Paul, Jarrah and I to go over to North Haven to the shopping centres there where there is a Sports Authority store as well as a Barnes & Noble. However, when we got to the gym there was a sign on the door that all training sessions for Saturday were cancelled. Surprisingly though the door to the gym was unlocked. I went inside and called out to see if anyone was there so I could be sure about the cancellation. No one was there and there weren't any cars parked outside either. I was really surprised that they'd leave the gym unlocked like that. We decided to sit in the car for a few minutes to make sure no one was going to come then a car arrived with one of the girls that Jade had trained with last Monday. She didn't know about training being cancelled either. Now we're not sure about Monday's training time as the note on the outside door said training times this week would be as usual--ie 3:30 start--whereas another note in the gym and the email I'd been sent indicated Monday's training was going to start at 9am.

Anyway, with no gym the four of us were able to go shopping together. We got Jarrah a new baseball bat and a warm-up weight for it. We also got some craft things at Michael's Art & Craft and some US flash sheets about the 50 states, branches of government and weights and measures at Barnes & Noble.

After shopping we swung by the house and picked up Dad to eat a late lunch at the Glenwood Drive-In http://www.glenwooddrivein.com/



I love the hot dogs there even better than Jimmy's in West Haven so this was a treat I look forward to each time I come.

We dropped Dad and Paul back home after and the kids and I went to visit some old family friends, the Kompares. Maria and Tony are old friends of my parents and I know I've been bad about not making time to see them on previous trips so this time especially since I had the kids with me I wanted to be sure that we went to visit. We had a lovely time chatting with them and their son, Tony who I grew up with and who is my age, and also was there. I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to see his sister Ione who lives in northern CT in Storrs as I haven't seen her for 13 years. I guess next time I'll have to be sure to make time to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment