Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just 3 more sleeps!

Yesterday was a busy day. The four of us went to Jarrah's last baseball game prior to Christmas in the morning. It was a close match which ended in a draw. Later we did a lot of tidying up and packing. I was still bogged down in preliminaries--preparing our US gifts for family we won't see this trip to be mailed from LA by cutting out wrapping paper for each gift and labelling the paper so I can quickly wrap and send everything once we get through customs.

Jade and I both spent a bit of time updating our ipods by adding many albums both new and ones we already have. I've got over 6 GB of music on my ipod now. Should keep me entertained on the trip.

I also printed out our annual newsletter which gets included in our Xmas cards. Just got to write the cards now!

There's still a lot to do.

This morning I bubble-wrapped our more fragile gifts and started putting my clothes in the suitcase. We have an extra suitcase we're bringing which will carry gifts on the way over and stuff we buy, probably including a baseball bat, on the way home. Our personal suitcases aren't big enough to hold either the gifts or the bat so this extra case is a must.

I still have to download videos and photos from our memory cards, check that we have enough adapters for all our electrical items that need charging, make sure we have all the cords for each item, gather up all our paperwork for the flights, get passports out and vacuum the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment