Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tuesday travel



We farewelled my Dad and Connecticut on Tuesday as we flew from Tweed-New Haven airport to Philadelphia to Orlando, Florida. Probably the less I say about the trip the better. The plane from New Haven to Philly was a 37-seater prop jet. The flight was rough on take-off and even rougher coming in to land. I was sick. Very sick. Continuously for the last half hour of the flight. I am not a good flyer.

In Philly we blissfully got on a 737 jet to Orlando. But I still wasn't quite right so the turbulance on take-off which I normally would have weathered set me off again.

Tweed-New Haven Airport is a very small airport. Only one airline-US Air-services it and they use small planes. I've never flown from Tweed before and I'd probably need to have my head examined before I do it again. But I don't regret doing it this time. I was the only one of us who was sick but Jade said she came close and movement doesn't generally bother her--as you would expect with a gymnast.



Once we arrived in Orlando we were whisked into the Disney universe. Everything was smooth and streamlined. We checked into the Disney transport at the airport and were soon on a bus running directly to our hotel--Port Orleans Riverside. At the hotel we checked-in and then wheeled our suitcases to our room which is on the second (US system) floor of a New Orleans mansion-styled building. Among the many extras I booked into our Disney package I included a dining plan to cover most meals. The plan includes one table service meal per day--this would normally be used for dinner. We learned, however, that we need to make a dinner reservation in order to use this and as we'd arrived at dinner time it was too late to do so for that day. So we were forced to opt for a cafeteria-style meal for the evening. More about the meals later.

No comments:

Post a Comment